If you offer wisdom from third party it seems less arrogant
Being in a powerful position:
If you had strength in any position you have to play fair
Parents and kids:
- No whining
- Don’t tell mom
Learning a sport:
We should send our kids to learn some sport – because it teaches perseverance, team work, sportsmanship, value of hard-work, ability to deal with adversity.
- Balance in life between aspiration and pragmatism.
- Money spent on going to moon helps in making scientists dream big. You are inspiring even poor people to dream big.
- If you want something bad enough, never give up on it
- Brick walls are there for a reason: they show us how badly we want something
Self esteem can’t be given, it is something you have to build.Give them something they can’t do, they work hard for it and earn it.
If someone is not being hard on you, it means they have given up on you
- Have something to bring to the table. It will make you more welcome.
- Fancy stuff is not going to work without the fundamentals
- Meet people properly
- Make sure that you can pronounce their names
- Find things in common. If there is nothing, weather is an all time common topic.
- Have optimal meeting conditions
- Let everyone talk. Don’t cut off people. Don’t talk faster or longer
- Praise each other
- Phrase alternatives as questions and not statements
- Sit with groups and not friends in the classroom.
- How closely people are standing tells how close they are
- Team work is very important for the success of the project
- Rate each other through constructive feedback
- Optimism is thinking you are at 25 when you are in the bottom quartile
People are more important than things.
When we are connected to others we become better people.
Human beings are social beings. Connections only make us better.
Sometimes all you have to do is ask
When you can’t pay back, pay it forward.
- You don’t repair things if they still do what they are supposed to do
- Automobiles are there to get you from point A to point B.
- You buy new clothes when your old clothes wear out.
Time and Productivity:
- Time is more valuable than money
- Time is all what you have. And you may find one day that you have less than what you think
- File everything in alphabetical order
- Delegate tasks
- Keep phone calls short
Success and failure
- Luck is indeed when preparation meets opportunity
- It’s how hard you get hit and keep moving forward
- Experience is what we get when we don’t get what we wanted
- First penguin is the one who knows how to fail galoriously
- Failures know how to not fail again.Successful people don’t know the pitfalls.
A few more interesting lessons:
- Treat the disease and not the symptoms.
- Stop thinking about what others think of you.It makes you 33% more effective.
- When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, just look at their actions and not on what they say.
- Find unique ways to get things done
- Always carry sufficient amount of money
- Be over prepared
- Be an optimist but think of worst case scenario too
- Your patience will be both appreciated and rewarded
- You can’t get away with lies
- Institutions should and can have a heart
- If you find your footing in two worlds you can have best of both
- Rights and responsibities go hand in hand