Course Name: How To Be Happy- What the scientists don’t want you to know
- How gratitude and self-love are keys to happiness
- 5 steps to happiness
- How love and relationships help in happiness
- Characteristics of a happy person
- Design your own life – what is your life purpose
WHY I CHOSE THIS COURSE?
I have been a little busy with my office work lately, hence not able to do month long courses. This was a short course, hence chose it. I was also curious to know if this course had anything different to offer from the courses I already did or from the books I have already read.
MY TAKE ON THE COURSE:
It was an utter waste of my time. After the first few sections, I did not even feel like listening to it as there was nothing interesting. It is more of a theory course than a course which mentions action steps. The title is misleading by mentioning it as what scientists don’t tell. For all the theory mentioned in the course, there are scientific experiments behind it and have been presented in other courses. The only useful aspect I found was the exercises for gratitude. That is something which I would definitely want to practise from now onwards.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE?
- You have no clue about happiness and wants to know if it is something useful or not
- You don’t believe in gratitude and wants to learn if it is really effective
- You don’t know what makes a person happy
- You never came across life-purpose and its relation to happiness
WHY SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE THIS COURSE?
- There are no subtitles. If you can’t follow English accent, you might not find it useful without subtitles.
- You already know enough theory and just want to learn implementation tips
- You feel sleepy if the voice of speaker is not motivating enough
- You need interesting pictures and animations to stick to a course
I am not including the summary here as it is a paid course. If you are a novice in learning about happiness and don’t have much time to do a detailed research, you can go for this course. But if you have enough time and want to take concrete action on happiness, go for a life of happiness course on coursera.org. You can check out my review of that course in this article.
Happy learning to be happy!