Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? – Marianne Williamson, A Return to love
This is a quote which I have been pondering deeply. All the greatness we have not achieved until date is because we are afraid of the responsibility which comes with the greatness. We are afraid of attention, appreciation, being in the limelight, being someone who can brighten up multiple lives. What greatness are you afraid of in life?
This month, I received guidance from an energy reader to understand where I stand in my journey and how long I have to travel. Whatever she said was something I already knew from my astrological birth chart but hearing someone else confirm the same made me understand that I was not being biased towards my own chart and whatever I knew would happen for real.
It further put me in the dilemma of “When I already know my purpose, why am I holding myself back all the time trying to relate to the world around me?”
I got the answer after a lot of mental turmoil that “There is always a free will and knowing your destiny is to plan for the long term. Nevertheless, the present is all that you have in hand and allow the Universe to unfold the opportunities at the right time.”
Highlights of June
1.Decoding the term Empath
Five years ago, when I often drowned myself in psychology related books I discovered I was a highly sensitive person (HSP). Sadly, until then I have only experienced the negative side of HSP where it is very difficult for me to handle negativity and criticism. Later, in the spiritual journey, I could relate to the term empath but never took it very seriously until confirmed by my energy reader. When I didn’t believe her at first, she asked me, “Do people in general tell you that just being around you feels very peaceful to them?” I thought for myself that is one of the main reasons why people keep coming back to me.
This piqued my interest and I kept digging deeper to understand the positives and negatives of being an empath. I understood that a major part of my emotional suffering in life could be just explained by this term. If only I knew this earlier, I would have chosen happiness every single day of my life.
Nevertheless, I have now decided to take charge of my life and be more mindful of who I chose and how I chose to share my energy.
2.Reflecting on my journey
Dhananjay scheduled an interaction where we discussed our journeys which made us become a life coach. Being a camera shy person, even though I hesitated to participate in it, the end product made me feel good about how far I have come in life.
You can watch it here.
Usually, when it comes to spiritual journey, people only talk about the good things – signs from the universe, experiencing bliss, easy manifestation, etc. Not many talk about the shadow work you got to keep doing from time to time. I had to go through one week of deep shadow work writing tens of pages and emptying the pen refills to find that deep connection with my soul. It was of course painful and tiring. The feelings which rose to the surface were from a decade and by the end of it, I could see how I released a huge bunch of feelings which was holding me back in life.
How exactly do I know that I have released something?
- I had an exceptionally busy week after that episode with too many clients requesting for one on one therapy and astrology sessions. I moved something inside me which increased my vibration and thereby attracted things into my life without any efforts from my end
- I found the courage for boundary setting and honest communication caring for my feelings. It took a lot of guts to do that, putting others into shock and pain but I spoke for myself boldly. This would not have happened if I didn’t get touch with my deeper overwhelming feelings.
- In a very long time, I felt that I met someone whose energy is very refreshing when I met my 12 year old cousin. Felt very calming in her presence.
- I realized that with so much going on in my spiritual journey, it is very difficult for me to find bandwidth with weight loss as focus. A dear friend nudged that we start doing Kriya yoga instead. The pursuit of how to lose weight still keeps running at the back of my head.
- I started doing aroma therapy with vanilla essence oil and rose oils. One of the most calming things I picked up newly
- I bought some new crystals to work with their energies. Malachite has been extremely useful to find forgiveness and Bloodstone for finding courage. These crystals helped me tremendously in my shadow work
- I started being more regular with my tarot, oracle and runes. They represent the exact energies I need to work with everyday. Whenever I tune myself deeper in a skill, I see that I start getting more clients asking me to do it for them. The same happened with these this month.
- I started waking up at 4:30 so that I can accommodate time for my data science preparation in the morning and then still get to do the other soul enriching stuff too in life. There were indeed times when I was questioning myself why was I working so hard.
1.Centering, grounding, protection and cleaning
Even though I have a good meditation routine, I have slacked on the basics in terms of cleaning. I do it on and off, I don’t do it for long enough. Anytime something is not working in life, the best thing to do is focus on the basics. In the last month, I have learnt some new techniques to do the same and it feels fun and I see how it relieves me immediately.
2.Cleaning up relationships
Another thing which I have ignored for too long a time is “What is that I want out this relationship?” I have done this for two people last month. This month, I will do this more regularly so that I can clear out the cords which are attached to multiple people in my life and let only love energy flow everywhere around.
How was your June? What are your plans for July?